The following policies govern how we use our library.
Use of Materials
The Cumberland County Public Library is open to all inviduals who wish to make appropriate use of the library resources. An Acceptable Use Policy is enforced for Internet Access.
Loan Periods & Limits
Books (print and audio):
Non-reference books in any format may be checked out for three (3) weeks and may be renewed.
Up to three (3) videocassettes or DVDs may be checked out for one (1) week, and may be renewed one time over the telephone or in person.
The loan period for educational videos and DVDs is 21 days.
Circulate for a period of three weeks.
Library material may be renewed in person, online, or by telephone provided no hold has been placed on the item. Renewal periods are generally for the same time period of the initial check-out, but may be shortened due to special circumstances. Most material can be renewed a maximum of three times. Patrons who experience any difficulty with online renewals should contact the library staff.
Reference books, genealogical materials, and newspapers and are available for in-library use only.
Fines and Fees
- Library card replacement: 50¢ per card
- Overdue book (any format): 20¢ per day per book
- Overdue videos/DVDs: $2.00 per day per video; $10.00 max.
- Interlibrary Loan: $3.00 per item
- Copies: 20¢ per page; 10¢ using patron's paper; No charge for the first 20 pages for students copying school work, 10¢ for each page after that.
- Computer print-outs: 20¢ per page; no charge for the first 20 pages for students printing school work, 10¢ for each page after that.
- Fax: $1.00 per page to send; $1.00 per page to receive
- Lamination: $1.00 per foot, minimum of $1.00.
Computers & Internet
The library has eleven computers with internet access available for general public use, and one computer reserved for catalog searching. Patrons may bring their own storage device (jump drives). Use of the library's computers is subject to the Acceptable Use Policy, available here in pdf format.