Summer Reading 2019
Sign ups for this year’s program (2019) will begin May 1, 2019. To Sign up, please click the link here
Summer Reading Program Events 2019!
- Monday, June 3, 2019, 6:00pm: Magic Mickey (all ages)
- Magic Mickey the Magician is back with more tricks up his sleeve!
- Saturday, June 8, 2019, 11:00am: Clay Pot Friends Craft (all ages)
- Make an animal or bug out of a clay pot and paint it!
- Monday, June 10, 2019, 6:00pm: Science Tellers (all ages)
- Don’t miss this action-packed and educational alien adventure using science experiments for special effects. It’s totally out of this world!
- Saturday, June 15, 2019, 11:00am: Fast & Furious Chop Shop (all ages)
- Paint and decorate wooden cars for the Car Show that will be on Family Circus Night
- Monday, June 17, 2019, 5:00pm: Family Circus Night (all ages)
- Games and family fun, all games are free and open to people of all ages!
- Saturday, June 22, 2019, 11:00am: Drive-in Car Making (all ages)
- Make cars from cardboard boxes for the Drive-in Movie!
- Monday, June 24, 2019, 6:00pm: Drive-in Movie (all ages)
- Attendees come to the library and watch a movie in their very own specially made vehicles for a unique and fun drive-in experience- Movie Title TBA
- Saturday, June 29, 2019, 11:00am: White Bucket Hat Fashion (all ages)
- Decorate bucket hats for judging in the Fashion Show
- Monday, July 1, 2019, 5:00pm: Cumberland Fashion Show (all ages)
- Learn how to strut your stuff in this awesome Showtime-themed fashion show.
- Saturday, July 6, 2019: NO EVENT (Independence Day Weekend)
- Monday, July 8, 2019, 6:00pm: Bear Creek Lake State Park Scavenger Hunt (all ages)
- Can you find the stuff? Join in this fun adventure from our very own local state park!
- Saturday, July 13, 2019, 6:00pm: Flower Making (all ages)
- Make a tissue paper flower for someone special
- Monday, July 15, 2019: 5:00pm: Finale Screen Actors Guild Award Night (all ages)
- This is the Finale of all finales, show your acting skills by performing a skit in front of a captivated audience!
How points are awarded (all events this year will have points attached):
- Attending events – 1 event = 1point
- 30 minutes read = 1 point (read for 30 minutes as often as you can to get more points!)
Click on the picture to view a video about SRP 2019!