The October Take & Make Bags are Ready!
If your child is eligible to receive one of the October Take & Make Bags, you should have received an email with details. Bags should be picked up by Wednesday, October 28, at 6 PM. After that date, bags not picked up will be given to children who are on the waiting list. If you have any questions, please give us a call. Thanks so much and Happy Halloween!
Let us help you Stuff Your Stockings!
The 2020 Stuff Your Stockings raffle is ready at the Cumberland County Public Library! We have 20 items in our display case including an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, 3 purses (2 Anne Klein and 1 Kim Rogers), and 16 different gift cards for you to take a chance on. Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for $5 and are available until Saturday, December 12, 2020, at 1:30 PM during our Holiday Open House. Stop by during business hours to see the items and buy your tickets. All proceeds benefit the library. Thanks for your support!
NOTE: Anyone who is interested in the gift cards (which are easily mailed if you win), but cannot get to the library for any reason can visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ccplva) to make a donation using the Donate button and then private message the library with your name, address, phone number and which items you want to take a chance on. Staff will verify your donation, write up your tickets and drop them in the correct containers. If you win, we’ll call you before mailing your cards. Donating through Facebook does not cost the library, since we are a non-profit organization.
The Cumberland County office of the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service received several boxes of new children’s books through the Families Learning Together program sponsored by The Molina Foundation. Linda Eanes, Cumberland County’s Extension Agent, gave the library an opportunity to pick out books to add to our collection. Below, Constance Carter, staff member, and Deanna Lacy, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, look at the books the library received. We are so excited to add these books and graphic novels to our collections!
Changes at the Cumberland County Public Library
New Library Hours:
Monday – 9 AM – 7 PM
Tuesday thru Friday – 9 AM – 6 PM
Saturday – 10 AM – 2 PM
- Because of social distancing needs, the number of people allowed in the building has been reduced.
- Hand sanitizer is available and should be used before touching any library computers.
- Masks are encouraged in the building, but are required only if one-on-one computer help is needed.
Services Available at the Current Time:
- Printing (from a computer or your own device)
- Use of a library computer – 30 minutes at a time, may be extended to 1 hour
- Free magazines are available in the back entrance.
NOTE: Individuals wishing to use their own devices for internet are not permitted to sit inside the building. They may sit outside on the porch/patio or parking lot and use the internet (CCPL or CCPL-5) without a password. Please maintain proper social distancing and do NOT block any of the doors with chairs or power cords.
Obtaining and Returning Library Materials:
- Unassisted browsing of the shelves for DVDs, books & audiobooks is prohibited at this time.
- All items added to the catalog system since January 2020 can be seen on the library’s website under “What’s New”.
- Items you want may be placed on HOLD using the online catalog or through email or phone.
- After you have been notified that your items are ready, they can be picked up inside the building or at curbside (please call if you want to meet us at the back door).
- Renewals can be handled through the library’s online catalog and by phone or email. Calls will still be made about all overdue materials and letters sent, as in the past.
- Returned items should be placed in the silver drop box at the back door. Items will be sanitized/quarantined for 3 days before they are checked into the system. Fines will be voided as long as the item was not already more than 2 days overdue at the time it was placed in the drop box.
Thank you for your support of CCPL’s 2020 Summer Reading Program.
The staff at the Cumberland County Public Library would like to thank the participants of this year’s virtual Summer Reading Program. Winners in each area will be announced next week.
Please excuse us
as we update our webpage!
We are updating our website to make it more user-friendly and to provide you with the information you need.
Do you have any suggestions for our new look? Please let us know!
Thanks for your help and your patience!