After careful consideration, the Cumberland County Public Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
Please keep the following in mind:
- All scheduled library classes and activities are cancelled or postponed to a later date.
- Use of the public meeting room by all groups is cancelled.
- The volunteer program is suspended until the library reopens.
- The AARP Tax Aide program is suspended until further notice.
- Public use of the wireless network is still available outside to patrons with the network password. Please email the library if you need the wifi password.
- All returned items (books, DVDs, audiobooks, etc.) should be placed in the silver book return at the back of the building. Items will be sanitized and quarantined for at least 2 days before they are checked into the system. Fines will be voided as long as the item was not already 2 days overdue at the time it was placed in the dropbox.
- Renewals can be handled through the library’s online catalog and by phone or email.
- Holds may be placed on materials using the online catalog OR no more than two (2) items may be placed on hold by phone. Once a hold has been placed and you have been notified that it is available, call to make arrangements to pick it up at the back door only. NOTE: Library staff will not search for available items by phone. They will only place a hold on the items you request, which may not be immediately available.
- Emergency situations for faxing, printing or use of the computer may be discussed by phone with the library director only and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Call the library at (804) 492-5807 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for further assistance. Staff will be available by phone or email from 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday only.
Please excuse us
as we update our webpage!
We are updating our website to make it more user-friendly and to provide you with the information you need.
Some screens may be blank temporarily as we add new pages or change/update existing pages as well as the information they contain.
Do you have any suggestions for our new look? Please let us know!
Thanks for your help and your patience!
In the meantime, like us on Facebook (Cumberland County Public Library) or follow us on
Instagram (cumberlandpubliclibraryva) to keep up-to-date on all the happenings at the library!