e-books & e-audiobooks
With SOVALUe you can access digital materials using Libby again!
Since the Library of Virginia is eliminating their digital offerings purchased in response to the pandemic, Cumberland County Public Library has joined a local consortium of Virginia libraries in order to provide digital materials to our patrons. With over 20,000 e-books and 4,000 e-audiobooks available, we are sure you’ll be able to find something of interest. In addition, there are fewer libraries involved in the consortium, so the amount of time spent waiting for a hold to be fulfilled should be less. NOTE: You will be able to access any Library of Virginia items until the elimination process is completed.
Once you click “Add Library” in your Libby app, search for “Southern Virginia Libraries United Electronically” to locate the consortium and select “Cumberland County Public Library” when the consortium member library list appears. You will have to enter your library card number and your PIN number in order to use the SOVALUe consortium’s holdings. If you cannot remember your PIN number, please call the library at (804) 492-5807 and we can reset it for you.
If you don’t use the Libby app on a mobile device, you can also access the holdings using this link on a tablet or computer.
Borrow e-books, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed e-books to your Kindle e-reader (U.S. only)! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users. Learn more at overdrive.com/apps/libby/.
Getting Started & FAQs
- Download the app!
- Introducing Libby video
- What devices are compatible with Libby?
- How is Libby different from the OverDrive app?
- How do I read on my Kindle? (U.S. only)
- Visit Libby Help
If you have trouble getting Libby to work properly on your iPhone or Android, try these steps:
- Open the Libby app and tap on the Libby icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Get Some Help” in the “Help and Support” section in the right hand navigation menu
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Reset Everything” (which sounds scary but you get it all back when you log in again–and no, you won’t lose your holds).
- Log in again with your library card information.
- Tap “add library”
- Search for “Southern Virginia Libraries United Electronically” and select “Cumberland County Public Library” as the member library.
- When prompted, enter the local library card number and PIN.
- That should do it.
Other troubleshooting areas:
- Make sure your operating system is up to date.
- If all else fails, sign out, delete the app; reinstall the app and sign into your account again.
If you still need assistance in accessing or using these materials, please call the library at (804) 492-5807 during business hours.