e-books & e-audiobooks
You can now access all Library of Virginia digital materials using Libby!
Borrow e-books, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed e-books to your Kindle e-reader (U.S. only)! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users. Learn more at overdrive.com/apps/libby/.
If you currently use the legacy OverDrive app and need assistance, visit https://help.overdrive.com.
Getting Started & FAQs
- Download the app!
- Introducing Libby video
- What devices are compatible with Libby?
- How is Libby different from the OverDrive app?
- How do I read on my Kindle? (U.S. only)
- Visit Libby Help
If you have trouble getting Libby to work properly on your iPhone or Android, try these steps:
- Open the Libby app and tap on the Libby icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Get Some Help” in the “Help and Support” section in the right hand navigation menu
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Reset Everything” (which sounds scary but you get it all back when you log in again–and no, you won’t lose your holds).
- Log in again with your library card information.
- Tap “add library”
- Search for Library of Virginia
- When prompted, enter the email associated with your local library card (this could be what is tripping some people up)
- That should do it.
Other troubleshooting areas:
- Make sure your operating system is up to date.
- If all else fails, sign out, delete the app; reinstall the app and sign into your account again.
If you still need assistance in accessing or using these materials, please call the library at (804) 492-5807 during business hours.