e-books & e-audiobooks
RBDigital has migrated to OverDrive and you can now access all Library of Virginia digital materials using Libby!
Borrow ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to read on your phone or tablet using the Libby app by OverDrive. You can even send and read your borrowed ebooks to your Kindle ereader (U.S. only)! It’s free and easy to get started for new users and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users. Learn more.
In order to use this service, you will need a library card and PIN number. If you don’t have a PIN number written on your library card, you can call the library at (804) 492-5807 to have one assigned to your account.
If you will be reading on an older device or a Fire tablet or you require the use of a screen reader, you can enjoy our digital collection using the classic OverDrive app.
Getting Started & FAQs
- Download the app!
- Introducing Libby video
- What devices are compatible with Libby?
- How is Libby different from the OverDrive app?
- How do I read on my Kindle? (U.S. only)
- Visit Libby Help
If you have trouble getting Libby to work properly on your iPhone or Android, try these steps:
- Open the Libby app and tap on the Libby icon in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Get Some Help” in the “Help and Support” section in the right hand navigation menu
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Reset Everything” (which sounds scary but you get it all back when you log in again–and no, you won’t lose your holds).
- Log in again with your library card information.
- Tap “add library”
- Search for Library of Virginia
- When prompted, enter the email associated with your local library card (this could be what is tripping some people up)
- That should do it.
Other troubleshooting areas:
- Make sure your operating system is up to date.
- If all else fails, sign out, delete the app; reinstall the app and sign into your account again.
If you still need assistance in accessing or using these materials, please call the library at (804) 492-5807 during business hours.