Free Wireless Internet Access
Besides open wireless access on the library property (CCPL or CCPL-5 with no password needed), the Cumberland County Public Library is partnering with Cumberland County Public Schools to provide free wireless Internet access in the community. With grant funding, the library obtained three wireless hotspots that have been placed in the following locations:
- American Legion Hall (at Sunnyside): 913 Old Buckingham Road, Cumberland
- Cartersville Ruritan Club: 2168 Cartersville Road, Cartersville
- and a mobile unit that alternates time between Carneal Court in Cartersville and Carriage Hill Road (off of Route 45 South) toward Farmville.
These units supplement the following units placed by the school system at:
- Rocky Mount Baptist Church: 817 Stoney Point Rd, Cumberland
- Shiloh New Covenant Church: 1665 Anderson Hwy, Cumberland
- Raman’s Midway Market: 3156 Cumberland Rd, Cumberland
- Mama D’s Country Store: 1368 Columbia Road, Columbia
- Union Outreach Fellowship Church: 237 Jamestown Road, Cumberland
- Cartersville Rescue Squad: 1667 Cartersville Rd, Cartersville (only park in middle area by flag pole)
All nine of these units have the same device name and password:
SSID/Name: Kajeet Smart Bus Password: smartbus
Please note: These wireless hotspots are part of a highly filtered system with a daily cap on the data available to use. Access to educational needs are open, including email, downloads, and uploads. Devices will be active at all locations from 7:00 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. No one is allowed in any area after dark. Maintain all social distancing rules. Do not park in any area that is not designated as a parking space.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why am I not getting a connection to the Kajeet Smart Bus unit?
Turn Wi-Fi off on your device; wait a minute or two, then turn Wi-Fi on again. Kajeet Smart Bus should show up in the choices for Wi-Fi.
Other open access points in the community include:
- Front of Cumberland Middle School (school student use only): Student emails are used for logging in; normal school filtering rules apply. Maintain all social distancing rules. Do not park in any area that is not designated as a parking space. No one is allowed in any area after dark.
- New Life Farmville (9 Mahan Road, Farmville): Guest network only; filtering rules apply. Use the upper parking lot. Playground is off limits at all times. Maintain all social distancing rules. Do not park in any area that is not designated as a parking space. No one is allowed in any area after dark.
- Bear Creek Lake State Park — Free Wi-Fi access to students on the deck at the Lakeside Diner. Stop at the Park office to receive a complimentary parking pass. Access is available from 8am – 4pm, 7 days per week. There is no electrical power is available at this location for charging laptops or devices.